Equipment Investment Measures ROI in Terms of Capabilities and Service
By expanding our facility in 2016, the H&N Electric facility of Timken Power Systems has never been in a better position to offer world-class products and services to our customers than we are right now.
The impressive capabilities of this site are further evidence that, at TPS, investment in ourselves is investment in our customers. In other words, we put our money where our mouth is when it comes to developing the most comprehensive drivetrain service offering in industry.
Investments in service center excellence include:
- Expansion of facility to 80,000 square feet
- UL508 custom panel shop
- Isolated disassembly and reassembly areas to ensure cleanliness of motors and gearboxes
- Full-speed, instrumented test beds
- VPI tanks to 10’ using Class H Epoxy
- Oversized bay doors to handle large industrial motors and gearboxes
- Dynamic balancing to 20,000 lbs.
- Test panel capable of 7200 volts and up to 5000 HP full voltage
- Three burn and bake 12’x12’x12’ovens
- Horizontal lathe with 72” swing
- Ultrasonic testing capabilities
- MCE (Motor Circuit Evaluation) testing
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- 50-ton crane capacity, 35’ under hook
- Large warehousing area for customer-owned inventory
- Equipment calibrated for maximum accuracy
- Electromechanical engineers on staff
- Environmentally neutral back-draft paint booth
- Complete suite of Onsite Technical Services (OTS)